Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 110

If I've done my math correctly, I am finishing my time with OM in only 110 days. Thinking about this reality (and how, Lord willing, a few more weeks after that, I'm getting married!), I have a new burden for how I want to spend my time.

To the fullest!!!!!

Which means, if I can, I will write down some God moments that have occurred in these final days. Why is it that when we know there's an end, it is then we want to do the most we possibly can? To squeeze out those final juices until there is absolutely no more to give? I dunno. But here I am.

I will start with Day 111.  Nope. Changed my mind.

Day 112: we had our very first Bible study with the girls in the institute!!! We read the story of David and Goliath, all 58 verses, together. It was awesome! They had questions; God helped me with the answers. Or straight up, was the answer to my prayer after so much time. Praise the Lord that we could read His Word together.

Yesterday, Day 111, I made some bracelets with the girls. In doing so, I was able to share the gospel not only with them (2 out of 4), but one of the educators that is there each morning. What I had read in the morning devotional was also the answer to the main question this educator had. Rock!

I was supposed meet with a friend later, but she had to cancel. Instead, we will be not only hanging out, but once again, READING THE BIBLE TOGETHER this Saturday. Please pray for that time.

Also spent a lot of time preparing for the English camps which start in May. Speaking of, my Day 110 has started off with a meeting with the boss of the camps. If everything works out, we may even have a trip to northern Argentina (La Rioja), where we can meet with teachers to encourage them in their work, but also have workshops on the side that would be specifically Jesus-centered!

This afternoon, I will be visiting with Gladys at the institute.

While these are little things that I can be a part of each day, I am trying to be more open to how grand my simple obedience in the greater story of God's redemption for the world really is. We shouldn't wait until we know the end is near to act this way.

God is merciful. At least he helped me recognize this now :)
love and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment