Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 105 and 104

I had the lovely surprise of Esperanza, one of the newest additions to the OM Córdoba team this year, accompany me to the girl's institute yesterday morning. We read the story of David and Bathsheba where we discussed how God is more than willing to forgive us, but we will still live with the consequences of our sin.

The walk back was a talk about the different experiences we've had in the different childrens' homes we've worked in. Fascinating.

Came back to an array of necessaries: English camp prep, cleaning house, wedding planning...

Then in the evening we had the weekly prayer meeting for the needs in the world.

Afterwards, I quickly gathered the bracelet-making materials for the girls for this morning, talked with Cristian, then went to sleep.

Just got back from the institute. We had a fun time, as the gals enjoyed the new "pulsera" look, where they don't necessarily have to work too hard to make the bracelet pretty. Each of them made 2 or 3 in our short time together.

The awkward moment, was seeing one of the other volunteers come for the first time since her vacations. She asked what days I come, and honestly, I thought she was already coming regularly on Wednesday mornings as has been her tradition. Monday and Tuesdays and Thursdays, for the morning, I told her.

With the girls gone for school in the afternoons, I dedicate one afternoon a week to Gladys solo. But even Thursday mornings are just to hang out with the kids and not the gals.

She asked if I would give up one of my mornings. I explained that I already have other plans during the other hours (and thought about what I had just written, that otherwise, it's hard to get the girls all at one time). Is this selfish of me?

I told her that I am leaving in a few months, so she will have more time later. The girls really like her too, so they will have something to look forward to? I dunno.. like I said, it was awkward for me.

Now I am about to meet to prepare for the pre-teens that gets together on Wednesday mornings (yet another planning debacle, as some students have classes in the morning, and others in the afternoon, where they don't arrive until 8pm).

Then Skype. Then planning and hopefully reading!!

love and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment