Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 109

A full one.

First stop--girls' institute, but this time with the chiquitins as I like to call them. Just me and two of the kiddos, Ian and Valentina, hanging out. On Thursday and Friday mornings they have team meetings and the girls are in another workshop, so they asked if I could be sort of a nanny, minus the diaper changing. I especially appreciated that last part (I can't lie).

But it was a blast! We played all sorts of random games as is the case for 1 and 2 year olds.

Then I went to Andrea Green's house to bake a little for the birthday party for Mike tomorrow. We made the dough for pizza, and I made banana cookies. We also watched a talk about mental illness and talked about what that might look like in a person. I definitely wonder about the spiritual aspect in those cases. I usually end up feeling very small for how little I know and understand of the spiritual realm, so I am glad we could chat about it.

Next came conversations with three of the OM teammates about their plans for the coming year. Each were done one at a time. It's exciting to think about so much potential for the coming year, even though I also know it will be quite the challenge!

I finally arrived home around 7pm. People are always in the house since we share the space with the local church. Can't lie number two when I say that this is a sensitive issue for me sometimes--when is your house ever your house? For example..

However, I looked to the brighter side of things! Since I couldn't cook (the worship team had to practice in the kitchen due to another meeting taking place), I went to Las Leñas to buy some of their delicious french fries with chimichurri! I realized how much I need to take advantage of this place before I leave!! ;)

Any way, the guy at the shop happened to ask how long I have been in Argentina. I told him, and he asked about why. He wondered if I didn't want to be in the United States. I said, "Honestly, I could live in either. I really like it here. But it also has a lot to do with what you feel God calling you to."

Per usual, we were interrupted, but he did smile. So you know.. more reason to stop by and eat those delicious Arabic empanadas once Lent is over!

love and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment