Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hijos del Rey - kids camp in Chaco

First of all, a huge applause for the help of the young woman pictured on the right--Vanina. I had first been impressed with a talk she gave to the youth group in Santa Rosa about homosexuality, and then continued to be surprised by her sincerity and servant nature.

She definitely was a major asset to the team as she was always ready to help in any way she could.

The picture is a little peak at some decorating time we had on Monday to prepare for the big day.

On Tuesday, bright and early, Vanina, Cletis and I made our way to the church to meet up with what would eventually be 58 kiddos for an all day camp in the sister church of Iglesia Cristiana Evangelica 41st Street.

From there, I gave a short talk on being an adopted child of God, which was followed up later by Vanina explaining that God has a purpose for us being in his family.

In between, we had game time, pool time, soccer (duh), and much much more.

I include the picture of the boy on the right, Agustin, because I had a couple cool moments with him during and after the camp. I told him about why I am in Argentina, and why it's so great to be loved by God. He had a great smile and laugh; I hope he realizes how much he is loved.

There were two girls who came that were much older than the rest. As a result, they chose to hang out in the outskirts solo. I opted to spend some time with them and ask them about their lives. Question after question, and it was difficult to get much out of them apart from a sentence or two. Thankfully, they then started to ask me questions, curious about my life, and I was able to share a part of my testimony with them.

While I had invited them to the pre-teen event we would be having, they never came. I hope though, that God could use our time together!

It was a tiring, but extremely wonderful day. The kids all seemed to enjoy the pool more than anything, while I enjoyed the countless servings of tereré amongst the leaders. haha

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment