Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Days 75, 74, 73... a whole heck of a lot of days

Hello blog. It's been a week. And for being so busy you can guess that I am still a little sick, but I will get to that. So here we go...

Day 75: Was a complete blast! Pre-teen Bible study in the morning. Girls' institute bracelet making in the evening. And then.. Mariela and I walked to the shopping mall to watch Captain America 2. We laughed so much together, which is saying a lot because I haven't seen her laugh a lot lately. I was very thankful.

Before I go so quickly past this day, I also want to comment that good conversation with Andrea G was had. We are very grateful for our girls in the pre-teen Bible study and we ask for your prayers for them. Pray for Dara, Aylen and Dalma. Pray for the future leadership of this group!

Day 74: Girls' institute in the morning equalled more bracelet making, and this time, EVERYONE was involved! I worked one-on-one with every gal, and it felt.. well it felt kind of like I had found a rhythm. That was a God moment for sure.

Afterward, Coco and the Greens and I made empanadas together. If all goes well, it will be featured in OM's blog. I'll keep you posted. Literally. hehe

Then I spent the short afternoon cleaning up and packing bags and watching the next tv series. Downton Abbey. And yes, I am hooked.

Stijn was able to take me to the bus terminal where I bought my return ticket and then was on my way to visit Cristian!

Day 73: Arrived in 30 de Agosto. It was cold, but a bear hug from Cristian got the blood flowing again! (too mushy?) I slept a little bit more before I could start the day. We decided to start registering for wedding gifts. Mostly we just soaked in each other's presence as much as possible (yep. more mush. can't help it).

I was also able to present his parents with their gifts--tickets to the States! They were very happy. Unfortunately, the video I took was too big of a file to send to my inbox so we'll see what I can do.

Day 72: (Saturday in case you are wondering) Consisted of house visits. His friend Hector, who goes by Colo (Colorado, for having red hair). My friend Alejandra M. My radio friend Karina. Then a birthday party for his friend Gustavo's son.

Day 71: Family asado as well as a giant Easter egg for me! Happiness in the form of a Milka's white chocolate plus chocolate chips hollow egg.

For the afternoon we had to take care of more business.. the visas that his parents will need in order to be allowed in the States to begin with! Too much computer time if you ask me, but thankfully Cristian had done a lot of prep work beforehand, so it didn't take up as much time as it could have.

Then church, lovely as usual. Then a surprise dinner date with Cristian at a new restaurant in the town. I enjoyed it so much because we finally got some good alone, deep conversation time.

Day 70: A little bittersweet as both Cristian and I knew it was the last day of our weekend together. The good news is we will be very busy in the coming weeks to help keep us distracted. On top of that, thanks to registering, we realized we have less than 150 days till we are together for good!!!!

He is also sweet to allow friend time. His nephew Jeremias came over while I made cupcakes. We watched a movie and then went to design our invitations for our going away party in July. Then we visited Karina and Marcela--both very valuable moments! Dinner with the family of his brother Jose before leaving for Trenque.

Time to go. To tell the truth, I was.. am exhausted. I arrived today, day 69, with one desire.

SLEEP.

From 10am (this after sleeping fairly well on the bus) till 2pm. I have done very little other than watch Downton Abbey and take care of emails. Sometimes the body just needs to stop, pull a GPS ("Recalculating") and then start up again. And seriously, these next three weeks will be done in no time. 21 days which I will aim to be consistent in writing. 21 days which will then put me in the less than 50 days mark.

Well how about that. "Teach me, oh Lord, to count my days..."

love and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment