Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

English version

In case you have no idea what was going on in the previous post, here comes another version. Different, because things have advanced even further. I just happen to know there are a couple of Spanish-speaking readers out there, and even if just three, I want to include them if I can (horrible Spanish and all! jaja).

Ale. She stopped to ask me if she could use the money we have collected from the bracelets to support the kids in Escuelita. Before she could ask she told me how she was embarrassed to ask. As if something inside her is changing, and she can't explain it. Or at least, that's how I translated it.

Today, I had a talk with the director. The Director director. A woman that always makes me feel like I've done something wrong even though we have yet to have a bad conversation. There's just something intimidating about her, you know the kind?

She had asked me to come to her office on Monday, but we couldn't due to some visitors. So today I sheepishly walked to her office. It turned out she just wanted to see how things were going, and we ended up talking about each of the girls. She too recognizes the positive changes in Ale, and shared a story that I had been unclear about.

Ale used to have a friend come visit her all the time. This friend was not a positive influence, and they had even snuck off together to go to the boliches, or dances that take place at 2 and 3 in the morning. Recently, this friend came to visit. When she left, and Ale went to check on her money box, she was missing 100 pesos. No other person could have taken it except this "friend."

"Normally," the director shares. "Normally when someone did her wrong, Ale would start crying and yelling and accusing. This time she just came up to me and told me what had happened. She was worried, and didn't know what to do, but she didn't get angry."

And on top of this, from the money that remains, she wants to help out the children at our church.

I want to cry at how beautiful the stories God writes can be.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment