Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

I present to you..

Yep. I caved and went to see it. Bueno, it was also part of a deal I had made with Flor to finish the saga because we had both been manipulated into the storyline in the first place.

And when I say manipulated I obviously just mean that curiosity got the best of me last November (2011), and like pringles, once you pop, you just can't stop. That is the phrase, right? haha

It's happened to me before where I have been disappointed. I finally got into Lost after the final season came out, and when I arrived to the last episodes I was left wanting. "REALLY?!" I remember shouting at the screen.

Don't get me wrong, the first three seasons were spectacular. Same goes for the first 2.5 of Grey's Anatomy, and even 2.5ish of The O.C.

But I digress.. part of me is just surprised at myself, for getting caught up in storylines that should be left alone after a few chapters. Cough, cough, these days, How I Met Your Mother, cough cough..

All this to say, surprisingly... NOT disappointed by Breaking Dawn part 2. Maybe because it's the kind of story that makes you laugh when you're least expecting it. Yeah, yeah, it had some explicit moments between husband and wife which honestly should be left to husband and wife, if you ask me (Hollywood never does). And Taylor Lautner just might be the new Matthew McConaughey in the sense that he can't keep his shirt on..

But it was good. Cheesy. Ridiculous. But a good way to end the tale. Still not interested in reading the books, but I recommend the movie. And especially in theaters because there is nothing like the sense of community in response to a few of the scenes. As Flor and I walked home we found ourselves laughing multiple times over everything that had happened.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment