Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lessons from Cinema pt 4

It's been awhile since I've commented on movies that I have watched, and well, it has a lot to do with the fact that I am not watching as many as I had in my former life.

Former life.. what does that even mean? Perhaps something to do with the fact that movies were a lot more easily rentable, were in English, and not pirated.*

But let us ignore these facts and get on with the show. First scene, to your right, comes from the daughter in the movie Moneyball. Obvious reasons for enjoying this movie? Baseball.

It was also a movie that surprised me because Brad Pitt's character is driven by regret and his daughter. Ignoring the first one because it is complex and somewhat over discussed, I want to simply say, "Awwww." While there are so many things going for him by the end of the film, he chooses to stay in California because he doesn't want to be away from her.

How often does that happen in the movies? (Again, ignoring that this is based on a true story) Usually the guy makes an error based on money.. or perhaps that's exactly what he had been doing his whole life. And he finally gets it.

While the remainder of the world may not have liked the ending the movie gave us, rest assured all the girls did! haha



Yes, yes. I am very late in the game in watching this movie. Nonetheless, a few comments.

Bill Murray--HILARIOUS.

Lots of inappropriate moments. Seems to be the Woody Harrelson way.. and yet at the same time, a good ending.

Trying to show the need for community in a broken world. Sound familiar? You can find a cry for being accepted in a "family" in the strangest of places sometimes.
Obvious reasons for enjoying this movie? Do I really need to say it? haha.

But in all seriousness, the gems of this flick are in two quotes:

"All you need is 20 seconds of courage."

and..

"Why would a beautiful girl like you ever in her lifetime talk with me?"
"Why not?"

End of story. Chau!

*My friend just borrowed a movie someone gifted me recently, but couldn't open it on her computer because it was the real deal. Simply ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment