Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

They came!

Do you ever get excited about something, but refuse to say anything about it until it actually comes to pass?

You don't want to get your hopes up for it only to be let down.

Because when you get let down, and everyone you had told was expecting something too, you feel like the whole world is looking at you.

So it was with Ale. I know I had mentioned her pulling me aside to ask if she could go to church with us, but I didn't know if it was something she actually wanted. I was equally surprised when I talked to her on the phone the following day, and she had asked if the new girl, Giselle, could come too.

Nevertheless, I refused to get my hopes up. Some might call this lack of faith, but at least I was praying throughout this time of doubt.

On this ever so rainy evening, they had called three times to make sure we were still coming to pick them up. "Of course!" I told them. The kids came too, which made for much disruption, but at the same time, I couldn't help but smile. Step one, come to church. Check.

Now to keep this energy going. I will need more faith, and more courage to see how to keep the conversation going. I am praying for their attendance for our special Easter service. I am praying for transformation in their lives. I am praying for wisdom and action. Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment