Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

How could I possibly..?

Here we go:

Day 58: An incredible day of teaching some important communication skills to our future missionary friends! Watched Downton Abbey surely!

Day 57: Rest to prepare for 3 long days.

Days 56 - Day 54: Said long days. English camp, that to be honest, WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! Here you can watch a glimpse.

Day 53: Rest to get over 3 long days. ha.

Day 52: Team Bible study and team meeting followed by random catch up work such as making bracelets for the wedding, finances and editing.

Day 51: An amazing time to watch our preteen gals have a personal encounter with God. Despite some rain, we enjoyed some away time in the Sierras concluded by silence time to listen to God. And he spoke!!!
oh Dara. jaja
Day 50: Church in the morning where I was once again inspired by some Bible translators. May it never be forgotten that God's word never returns void! Lunch with Laura, Eva and Samuel O. Mentor time and then I got to lead the worship solita on guitar at church!

Day 49: Slept in. Would have loved to meet with Noemí but I forgot to call. Spent some of the afternoon buying supplies for the girls. Then a meeting for CI camp to recall the good, the bad and the ugly... Prayer meeting in the evening.

Day 48: Girls' institute where we read the story of Jesus feeding the 5K and then walking on water within 24 hours! I loved when Talia said, "But how did he do it!?!"Lunch and prep work with Andrea G. Bracelet making with Mariela.

Day 47: Pre-teens Bible study followed by hanging out with Dara till she had to go to school. We are so alike and so dis-similiar at the same time! Nap and then girl's institute. I was going to hang out with Paloma but we moved it to the next day...

Day 46: A weird yet still good morning with one of the newest girls in the institute. We had a deep conversation about her past and how God wants to redeem the ugliness of the abuse she faced. I then quickly went to the center to meet with Paloma, and I realized yet again that we should have spent more time together. Very thankful for her!

More time in the center where I then could go to Laura's where we, plus Ale, did a very secretive thing!! I will share the secret in two weeks, when the work (the gift) is done. But for now...


Day 45: Today. I made it (though sadly too quickly in summary). We had our usual meetings. Except this time I asked the team to spend time sharing why they are thankful for a certain member. It was absolutely beautiful!! Perhaps I was most touched by Eva calling me her sister.

I must say, there are many times in my life where I do not realize things right before my eyes. Another one of those is that eventually, I have to go back to the States. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited. But I am sad about saying goodbye! This life is so amazing!!

love and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment