Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The creativity I'm looking for

Josh Crain had once preached about what "turning the other cheek" really means, and it has stuck with me ever since. I've been on the lookout for opportunities in my own life--particularly with a kid named Ivan--to think of unique ways to address violence in our world. As the ironic saying goes, to kill 'em with kindness.

Let me admit that I'm not very good at it.

Thankfully I did have a good hour with Ivan this week, as we talked and prayed. Mind you, the prayers were about ten seconds long and about weird things like being thankful for food we hadn't yet eaten, or about not getting hit by a soccer ball, but I suppose a prayer is a prayer...

Any way, I was encouraged by this story in which 120 mimes overtake the streets in Venezuela to deal with the heavy traffic issues. It's adorable; it's uplifting; it makes me want to laugh.

I want more of this. It's how I want to react to injustice. Lord, please help me! Ok thanks and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment