Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Uruguay - picturesque Colonia

I don't know how to explain it. It's just that we took a boat for three hours to cross a river. Then we landed and I noticed a bunch of people taking a bus. "Bus" was not in our itinerary, but we had a map of Colonia, and it seemed near. We walked and were pleasantly surprised by a reverse in time--greeted by the quaint town with bright flowers and old buildings.

Thus, I share them with you, and perhaps some comments for good measure.
Ah yes, the beach. How could I forget? There were some fishermen, and I found a giant snail which will most likely be my new facebook photo.
 A pretty church. I'm noticing a pattern to South American churches with the double tower in the front. Very cute inside as well.
 I saw a picture of this on a postcard and asked where to find it. It looked much cooler in the picture, but had pictures of Don Quixote, so that was kind of neat.
Finally, my "This is Colonia, Uruguay" picture, as it has the name of the country, and a slice of community life represented. I dunno.

Overall, it was beautiful, and a great change from the Argentina cities I know. Much cleaner, but also a tourist town, so it's to be expected. People tell me that Colonia is better than Montevideo, but I will have to see (someday) for myself. Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment