Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The 15


Back in the beginning of July, I was invited to prepare what is called the "Mesa Dulce" for the quince of one of my girls in the Institute. With the help of a few others, I was able to fill the table as you can see. I was excited to involve other members of the OM team, as well as be invited on such an important night.









The same week of the party, one of the workers of the Institute invited me to help her with another critical part of the party--the souvenirs.

We worked hard one evening, where I was given the opportunity to get to know the woman as well as another, who had helped with the detail work you see to the right. It was a delight to share these moments together.






The evening itself was eye-opening. The transformation of the Institute was fantastic, filled with fancy lights and decor, a mini dance floor. The governor paid for the dinner and the cake, and the director of the Institute even paid for a dj.

What captured my attention most was the age and gender of the attendees. Yes, her mom came, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. The other girls of the Institute obviously joined the occasion, but as for the rest of the guests? All of the women of the Institute, me.. and another woman who visits Wednesday mornings. I suppose it was a blessing to get to celebrate at all, but I couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for the girl, who couldn't invite all of her school friends to come.

And one could see how tired she was; everyone up at 4am to prepare for the festivities which were to begin at 10pm.

To be sure, there is more to express, but I don't know if online is the best form of doing so... In the end, it was an interesting night, filled with dancing and delicious treats! Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment