Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Speaking of CI and its influence

Today.. or technically yesterday..

I had a conversation with one of the campers from last week. She tells me that she was thinking about Abraham Lincoln's quote about making our enemies our friends.

"There's this girl at school who is really mean," she tells me. "So I decided to talk to her."

And?

"Turns out she is really lonely."

The young woman from camp then describes how great she felt afterward to take the time to get to know the lonely girl.

"It's always hard at first," I tell her. "But afterward we realize that our enemies are people too!"

I told her I would be praying for her and her new friend. I also hope that doors will open to be more specific about the bigger truth behind Lincoln's quote--that technically it is derived from Jesus telling us to love our enemies.

love and chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment