Volunteering and traveling in Argentina to proclaim God's great love, and hopefully not getting sick along the way.

Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eager

Sarah calls me obsessed. She currently laughs at me for including the picture.

Today we watched Narnia. After an overstuffed bus ride to the entrance of O!, getting lost in the labyrinth of Patio Olmos, and laughing at realizing the place we did watch the movie was more expensive than had we just stayed, we watched the next in the series, my favorite book: The Voyage of the Dawntreader. In Castellano.

I'm certain that Jim, one of the teaching pastors at Flatirons Church in Colorado was as disappointed as I was in the de-dragon-ing scene with Eustace. Nonetheless, knowing the true history behind the scene was enough. What was even greater was getting to see my favorite character, Reepicheep, more often. And more specifically, the end.

Oh! The valiant heart of the grand mouse, the very heart welcome in the nation of Aslan, moved me to tears. Not only do I long for my Savior to say, "Well done" to me, but I also desire to have the same eagerness to enter into the pure presence of the Lord as Reepicheep. How I loved when he placed down his sword, "I won't be needing this anymore" (translation). What a day that will be, no?

Chau.

No comments:

Post a Comment